Skip to main content

Today is a Monday

Today is a Monday and as always the most boring day of the entire week. And the usual rush trying to reach before Asife Sir does his usual thing. Closing of doors... For us, its very similar to heaven's door being slammed shut( just for attendance sake).

The only thing of change is the shocked faces of friends and all those crazy congrats hugs. There was the shocked faces, there was the 'I expected this' faces and there was this 'are you kidding me' faces. It was fun looking at all those faces. Perks of getting married. I am sure Niranjan and Baiju were about to throw their bags on me, when they thought I was kidding. I had to call up Drishya to stand as a witness. The only thing that calmed them was the promise of an assal adipoli biriyani. And then there was Naveena, she literally screamed (but then, yeah, she is Naveena).

Another irritating part about getting married is everything is associated with marriage. It is awesome when your dad brings home different pattern pants and tops, but it is dead irritating when everything else gets associated with it (except the new stuff part of it). It is irritating when everyone starts saying don't shout, you are gonna get married, and then followed by the advice of what to do when you are in his house. Every other thing you do is associated with after marriage part. Wake up with the cattle and hens, okay not the ones in my house, they kinda wake up 3, and the part where I put on jeans with tops, there comes,-  you should start wearing churidars. I am wondering whether every girl getting married should face this. Now I get it when they say, Wedding has nothing associated with fairy tales.

As said earlier, My mom's in Saudi, she said she would reach soon, In Sha Allah. Since its my mom and her  job, a lot more prayers attached. Since last week she has been indulging herself in a lot of shopping. Yeah, its starting to get really weird, there were those times I used to beg for Pakistani Salwars, (with every respect to my own country, I love our neighboring country's dresses, mainly because it has long sleeves and corrupt proof cotton) and now I am getting it all without asking. My sister has been sending me pictures of the stuff they are buying there. I love the fact that they are shopping for me over there, but I wish I was there. Not because I wanted to shop like a crazy bitch. But because I am scared that when Ummi reaches and gives me all those gifts, and if I don't like it or if its not of the correct size, she's gonna be really hurt... Really really hurt.

And if its a size smaller, her reaction would be tantrums asking me whether I grew bigger within 2 weeks. The idea doesn't really sit in her mind that each company has different sizes and measurements. Hmmm... That reminds me, once I really wanted to blog about dieting, well... that only happens when you lose weight after dieting. Oh no, I didn't want to go all chicken soup kind (right now, I messed up the spelling of soup and I had to google it, that happens when you something in mind, or is it just me).  I wanted to write stories about my BIG BIG missions of cheating on every diet. Oh no, I didn't cheat on all, I was an absolute good kid in the naturopathy dieting.

Blogging reminds me, there was huge concerns as to me blogging. That writing about stuff like this, would it hurt the prospective family and whether they would like it. Oh no, Baps didn't react like this, he said You write a book and I would only be proud about it. But there were people who were concerned about me (not the sarcastic way, well, think whichever concern as you like).  There are a lot of intentions for doing this, but its never to hurt anyone. One of my intention is to hear from people, how things were for them, how did they feel, and all that). That's also coz none of my close close friends are married and nobody talks about anything, either they are fed up of telling stories or they think they don't have any. I am not a good story teller, neither do I have much followers, but still, I would like to tell stories.( Am I getting tooo old, getting all grandmotherly, or is it because I live in a society where there are less stories and more gossips).  I think everybody has a story, their life, their family, their days and even minutes of their life holds lot of stories worth telling.


Comments

  1. Zain! :* Stay cool!! Full power!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think u r a gud stry teller.□zain□...;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou thanzeela :) The truth is I never wrote stories, And I prefer to stick to poems, but when such eventful things are happening, I had to tell it out :)

      Delete
  3. "..or is it because I live in a society where there are less stories and more gossips?" �� :) :) Nice usage!
    -harima

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How it all began ....

So all this started when... okay the truth is that I have no idea when all this started, anyway the beginning is a spark of an idea in Rukku's mind. And I have no clue how things churned to this on that side. For me it started when I got a call from her after all these months. She asked for my full photo. Since the term full photo is totally associated with a marriage proposal, I didn't think twice to reject the same. But somehow she managed to get hold of it. As many other events of any other day, I forgot about it when the sun rose up high the next day. Apparently a lot of things were happening on the other side.  I got shock when my father came down to India and while having breakfast revealed the real intention of his visit. After the initial shock I laughed, I thought he was kidding. He said the proposal was really ON. And their people wanted to meet me. And my mom would be coming down soon. I sat there processing the whole thing inside my head. I don't remember m

5 years of my life

Someone called me today to ask about NUALS. A common friend had given this guy my phone number as he got allotted in the college I spent 5 years of my life in. He starts with asking me how is NUALS. So I start talking, and I realized a lot of things. I start telling him how college was for me. Through out the 5 years I always wondered how my life would be had I gone somewhere else. Like, someplace with a lot of strikes and then random things like an arts college. But then I realized I wouldn't be me without being here. It changed me in several ways. For one, I was a Rebel, let me put it simply, I was a wild animal, a really wild one, just like my hands my tongue could hurt people and the pain wouldn't have left for days. And then would I have gained anything, NAH. Well, NUALS tamed me. From a lion to a wolf maybe, don't know. At least I learned to think before I start acting, to measure words before spitting it out. Was it the place or was it just growing up. Maybe a mix

The Essentials of an Indian wedding

Yeah, so like any other event, the planning and execution was really tough. I'm sure hosting an International Academic event can be easier than this. Here there is unexpectedness through out, 1000s of opinions involved, and finally the execution left for oneself. My shopping was done weeks before, except for the collection of my 'dress of the day' from the designer. The shopping for everyone else went on and on. Another aspect that went through a lot speculation and finally a lot of criticism was the jewelry. I think everyone expected me to be draped in gold so that my dress itself won't be visible. Yeah!!! So when a lot of relatives came home (yeah there is the customary visits by a lot of people), they gaped at my father with their mouths open when he said the amount of gold he was actually buying. 20 sovereigns of gold is way toooo less when you compare the 300 or so presently happening in the society. And then they look at me with a look that said why are you sup