Skip to main content

Post- Engagement Stuff !!!

Oh yeah, the title strikes well right !!! I know all your minds have reached the seventh sky, but yeah get them back here and start reading the next part of my unending story.

So I didn't post anything yesterday. I wont be saying - Dude! I had exams. Its similar, but yeah I didn't have the exams. Due to the public transport bandh the professional ethics exam got postponed. I was planning to start writing then and there, but then Mr. Modi Ji comes and reveals that all the money in my purse was invalid from tomorrow on wards. And then I realize shit, I don't have any money in my account, that means no mts recharge, no phone recharge and no paytm shopping, nothing. So had to runoff and put some money into my account. In all that chaos this kinda got sidelined.

The earlier mentioned chaos reminds me as to what my life is at this present moment. Its full of CHAOS. Ummi and Baps not here, gotta get a dress designed, no time, internship is there in between, and then Jan mid is like tomorrow.... I didn't arrange all this into proper words as all these are my thoughts every single minute of my life. And I am worried about the every single thing.

Also, I started questioning every single aspect I used to appreciate (yeah, the arranged marriage part of it). I know, don't purse your lips, I am doing the same thing. What the hell is happening to me ???

The fact that I am getting married to a stranger is irking me and freaking me out. If I divide my mind into 2 and I put the 50% girl and 50% rebel on for a debate, I know this would happen. The rebel in me would say Yo, we are into an adventure, and the girl would say shut up, this is no adventure you are getting married to a stranger, and every single law abiding girl goes through this. And then the rebel would say, yeah, this is so much a good girl thing and when did we become like this. THIS IS MY SITUATION. Every bit of my brain is fighting against each other trying to put things straight and trying to figure out something. In this metamorphosis, I fear I may lose my Sanity.

And when I tell people how much this is killing me, they say your father and mother did this like this, your grand father and grandmother did this, your great grandfather did this, and his father did this, and his father too. Okay, I get it they did it like this. But why should I ??? And then they say, this is how the religion prescribes, that the girl and the boy should not talk before the nikah happens. Yeah, if that s not possible why are we asked to get married??? I don't understand. If our family is getting us married that's because they think we are two sane people getting married, mature enough to handle life and situations. If they can't do the simplest thing like talk on phone, then I doubt the trust on the maturity and sanity of people involved. Well, my case, I have a feeling my parents still think I am a baby, but what about others, all those people, whose stories are similar to mine. Just because it was like that years ago, doesn't mean its a law. If the society thinks calling on phone may amount to panchara adi (sweet talking), let them think so, I say go for it girls - the society is not gonna live your lives. you are !!!

Oh yeah, my earlier reference to the term girls and why I called that out so specifically,,,, Its because she is the one who moves to a totally different family, leaving behind everything she has grown up with, and they will be the one in the tensed up situation, as my very very close friend said (I know you are reading this). When I was all chilled up about getting married she said a time would come when you will start to worry.. Yo Girl... the time has come and I am worried and scared. Oh Don't you worry, unlike you, I am not planning to call off the entire marriage, I am simply planning to take revenge after marriage because he is one of those all too religious people who says I will call after Nikah.

Yeah, I can imagine what you all are thinking, That poor thing. 

Comments

  1. Too true. The part about leaving home, everyone you've grown up with and everything you're familiar with to start a completely new lifelong chapter with no back up plan. It does help if we could just talk and communicate. It helps ease us into such a serious commitment at the very least..it's every girl's nightmare being thrown in a completely new environment complete with unspoken and challenging adjustments to make without any warning or reassurance about how you could prepare for it. A word of reassurance makes a world of difference..

    ReplyDelete
  2. exact situation of a girls life explained in a brilliant way...
    waiting for ur nxt blog zain.....:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How it all began ....

So all this started when... okay the truth is that I have no idea when all this started, anyway the beginning is a spark of an idea in Rukku's mind. And I have no clue how things churned to this on that side. For me it started when I got a call from her after all these months. She asked for my full photo. Since the term full photo is totally associated with a marriage proposal, I didn't think twice to reject the same. But somehow she managed to get hold of it. As many other events of any other day, I forgot about it when the sun rose up high the next day. Apparently a lot of things were happening on the other side.  I got shock when my father came down to India and while having breakfast revealed the real intention of his visit. After the initial shock I laughed, I thought he was kidding. He said the proposal was really ON. And their people wanted to meet me. And my mom would be coming down soon. I sat there processing the whole thing inside my head. I don't remember m

5 years of my life

Someone called me today to ask about NUALS. A common friend had given this guy my phone number as he got allotted in the college I spent 5 years of my life in. He starts with asking me how is NUALS. So I start talking, and I realized a lot of things. I start telling him how college was for me. Through out the 5 years I always wondered how my life would be had I gone somewhere else. Like, someplace with a lot of strikes and then random things like an arts college. But then I realized I wouldn't be me without being here. It changed me in several ways. For one, I was a Rebel, let me put it simply, I was a wild animal, a really wild one, just like my hands my tongue could hurt people and the pain wouldn't have left for days. And then would I have gained anything, NAH. Well, NUALS tamed me. From a lion to a wolf maybe, don't know. At least I learned to think before I start acting, to measure words before spitting it out. Was it the place or was it just growing up. Maybe a mix

The Essentials of an Indian wedding

Yeah, so like any other event, the planning and execution was really tough. I'm sure hosting an International Academic event can be easier than this. Here there is unexpectedness through out, 1000s of opinions involved, and finally the execution left for oneself. My shopping was done weeks before, except for the collection of my 'dress of the day' from the designer. The shopping for everyone else went on and on. Another aspect that went through a lot speculation and finally a lot of criticism was the jewelry. I think everyone expected me to be draped in gold so that my dress itself won't be visible. Yeah!!! So when a lot of relatives came home (yeah there is the customary visits by a lot of people), they gaped at my father with their mouths open when he said the amount of gold he was actually buying. 20 sovereigns of gold is way toooo less when you compare the 300 or so presently happening in the society. And then they look at me with a look that said why are you sup